Work smarter with these strategies:
1. Avoid reinventing the wheelWorking smarter also means not trying to reinvent the wheel. If you have a task to complete, ask if it has already been done and if there’s an easier way to do it.
2. Enhance the taskAlways look for ways to refine your job or make your tasks easier or quicker. Efficiency and effectiveness are desired above all.
3. Pace yourselfAllow yourself time to process what needs to be done and determine your best options or alternatives.
- Analyze the project. See if you can reach the same result with fewer steps. Can you use new software or other technology to reduce the workload?
4. DelegateIdentify people who perform certain tasks better than you. Give them clear instructions on what you want to achieve, and then allow them to use their initiative and creativity.
- Passing off routine and mundane chores will still get the job done well while freeing you up to deal with more important tasks.
5. Keep a diary or notebookIt’s useful to routinely keep track of what you’ve done or are currently working on. This affords accountability, transparency, and a record of your accomplishments.
- Such a record also comes in handy when it’s time for your annual review or you’re trying to move up in your career.